IBM Tivoli Identity Manager
Easily automate lifecycle management of user roles, identities and access rights
Deliver security-rich, automated and policy-based user identity management.
To effectively compete in today’s challenging environment, organizations are increasing the number of users—customers, employees, citizens, partners and suppliers—allowed to access information across applications, main-frames, service oriented architectures, the Web and other environments. As a result, CIOs continually face three major challenges: meeting internal and regulatory compliance requirements, maintaining an effective security posture, and simultaneously striving for measurable return on investment. IBM Tivoli® Identity Manager addresses these challenges by providing an easy-to-deploy, user-friendly solution that delivers security-rich, policy-based user and role management across the IT infrastructure.
Tivoli Identity Manager delivers:
- A role hierarchy that streamlines administration, provides visibility of user access, and helps bridge the gap between how business users view their IT resources and the actual IT implementation of user access rights.
- Web self-service for managing business roles, accounts, group membership and passwords.
- An embedded workflow engine for automated submission and approval of user requests and periodic certification of user access rights.
- A robust provisioning engine that adds and removes user access rights based on membership in business roles or requests for user accounts and fine-grained entitlements like shared folders or Web portlets.
- A set of controls that enhance security, including preventative separation of duties and closed-loop reconciliation that detects and corrects changes to native target systems.
- Broad, out-of-the-box support for man-aging user access rights and passwords on applications and systems, plus a rapid integration toolkit for managing custom applications.
- Flexible reporting for user access rights leveraging automatic synchronization of user data from different repositories.
SecurIT has developed a product as a plug-in for IBM Tivoli Identity Manager. RoleManager makes it possible for organizations to roll out a complete RBAC functionality within their provisioning solution.
Besides this product SecurIT has also developed a tool that integrates the Challenge/Response possibilities of IBM Tivoli Identity Manager in the Windows login process, SecurIT Password Recovery Service.
SecurIT is a Tivoli AAA-level accredited IBM Business Partner in Tivoli Identity Manager. IBM Tivoli Accreditated Partners have achieved the highest standards in technical certifications for delivering Tivoli software and solutions to earn A, AA, AAA skill level competency. Each accreditation level requires additional qualification of deployment professionals and solution advisors to have in-depth knowledge across a broad range of Tivoli solutions or for individual products.
Related SecurIT products
Go to the Download page for products sheets en product descriptions of RoleManager and SPRS